CAC Registration of Business Name – Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria registration number sample,CAC registration number sample of CAC business,CAC business,CAC registration promo,Registration of business name, CAC registration fees FOR NGO, CAC document upload,List of documents to upload for CAC business name registration, CAC Certificate Registration, Registration of business name,CAC upload registration promo, how do i check if a business name is available on cac? CAC business Corporate Affairs Commission list of registered companies Corporate Affairs Commission Recruitment
- 1 Register business name CAC online
- 2 How to Register Business Name Online with CAC
- 3 Objective of the Business
- 4 Presenter Details Form
- 5 Preview Your Entered Data
- 6 Make Payment
- 6.1 How to Confirm if Name Reservation is Approved By Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria
- 6.2 Company/ Business Name/ Incorporated Trustees Registration
- 6.3 Share this:
What is CAC Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria?
The Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria was established in 1990 vide Companies and Allied Matters Act no 1 1990 as amended, now on Act cap C20 Laws of federation of Nigeria. It is an autonomous body charged with the responsibility to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria. Wikipedia
The Commission is charged with the following functions as set out in section 7 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act:
- To administer the Act, including the regulation and supervision of the formation, incorporation, management and winding up of companies
- To establish and maintain companies registry and offices in all the states of the Federation suitably and adequately equipped to discharge its functions under the Act or any law in respect of which it is charged with the responsibility
- Arrange and conduct an investigation into the affairs of any company where the interests of the shareholders and the public so demand
- To undertake such other activities as are necessary or expedient for giving full effect to the provisions of the Act.
- The Commission also registers Business Names, and Incorporated Trustees as well as provides a wide range of ancillary services.
However, the registration of businesses in the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria requires some set of procedures. Hence, this article will guide you on how to Register your Business Online with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
The registration of the business names in Nigeria has been simplified by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria. With the introduction of CAC Nigeria website, one can now easily carry out business name registration in Nigeria via the online portal.
- Let's Do Graphic Design And Logo Design for Your Business
- We Create Bitcoin, Banking, Courier, Visa Website
- Get help In 2021/2022 JAMB, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, JUPEB, WAEC GCE, NECO GCE and POST UTME Screening Examination
- Make Money From Blogging & Become a Pro website designer and devoper in 3 weeks
- Start a Business, Build factories, Agriculture, industries with our free feasibility business plan
- Download Post-UTME CBT 2021/2022 Past Questions and Answers
- Free Nigerian Email Database Download For 2021 and 2022
In this article, we will be covering different types of company name registration in Nigeria. Starting from Account Creation. Business Name Reservation, Private and Public un/limited company, and Incorporated Trustees
The procedure for registering your business name in Nigeria online begins with account creation. To create your account with the Corporate Affairs Commission, there’re some basic steps to follow. Let’s get started with the steps below
- Launch your web browser and type https://services.cac.gov.ng/ in the search bar to take you to the Homepage.
- Click on the Register button at the top right end of the homepage
- Complete the form by filling your details and click on the Register button at the bottom of the form.
- Login to your email to verify the link sent to your inbox. And your account is ready.
- Now, login to your CAC account with your username and password.
- Submit your credentials for registration.
Before you continue with the Name Reservation process, you’ll first have to decide on what name you want to name your business/company. However, you can do your business name research online via the Corporate Affairs Commission website for availability.
Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Allows you to suggest two alternate names for your business/company. The commission will conduct a search in its database to ensure that the name is available for use. If the commission approves the name, they will reserve the name for you for a period of 60-days. During this period CAC expects you’ve completed the business name registration process.
Steps for Applying Name Reservation in Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria
Here, we will be discussing in general all types of Name Reservation. Weather you’re applying Name Reservation for:
- Business Name,
- Private or Public Unlimited Company,
- Private or Public Company Limited by Shares or Guarantee,
- Incorporated Trustee
The procedure is virtually the same, all got to do is use the Classification field and Specific Type field to select the classes of business you want a Name Reservation for.
How then, do i apply for Name Reservation. Let’s use Business Name for a case study.
Steps to Apply for Name Reservation – Business Name
There are Five (5) basic steps to follow to successfully apply for Business/Company Name Reservation.
Name and Type
- Login to Your CRP Account: Open your web browser and enter https://services.cac.gov.ng/login in the search bar to take you to the CAC Login page. Then, enter your Username and Password. Click the Login button to proceed.
- Name Reservation: Click on Name Reservation. Then, select New Name Reservation from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Compay Type: Select Business Name from the Classification field and from the Specific Type, still select Business Name. But if you want to make Name Reservation for Private Unlimited Company. All you need to do is to select Company from the Classification field and select Private Unlimited Company from the Specific Type field. The same process is applicable to others.
- Proposed Business Name: Enter the two proposed business names in the text fields captioned Option1 and Option2 respectively. Then click on the Save and Continue button.
Objective of the Business
Click the Reason for Available Search text box, from the dropdown, select your objective option. Then, click on the Save and Continue button to proceed to the next step.
Presenter Details Form
Here, the Presenter fills his/her details inside all the fields marked with red asterisk (*). After you’ve completed the form, click on Save and Continue button.
Preview Your Entered Data
Once you’re done with the data entering, Corporate Affairs Commission will allow you to Preview the entered details. This is to ensure your information is correct and if satisfied click on Proceed to Payment. But if you’re not satisfied with the data, click on any of the previous steps to return to that stage to effect a change.
- After you’ve clicked on Proceed to Payment, you’ll be charged a fee for Reservation Name. Click on the REMITA button.
- Enter your card details to complete payment and click on Submit
- Click on Submit again to continue
- From the Payment Receipt, copy your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number and save it in a text file.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and click on Return to Home button.
- Finally, you can view your Payment Receipt or you can click on download it. To view your Payment Receipt, Click on View Name Reservation button. Or click on Payment Receipt to download to your Personal Computer
How to Confirm if Name Reservation is Approved By Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria
Note, you have to wait for the system administrator to approve the Name Reservation. But to confirm if Name Reservation has been approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. You’ll have to do the followings:
- Login to Your CRP Account
- Click on Name Reservation
- From the dropdown menu, select My Reservation.
- If not approved Pending Approval will be displayed. But if approved, you will see Approval Note.
- Click on the Approval Note to Download it.
- Open the downloaded Approval Note and copy the Availability Code number. The Availability Code is what you will use for the Business Registration
Company/ Business Name/ Incorporated Trustees Registration
We will also be discussing the general procedures for registering all types Company, Business Name , and Incorporate Trustee in Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Now that the Name Reservation has been approved by the commission for your Business Name, company name, Incorporated Trustee. The next step is the company registration process.
Steps to Business Name/Company Registration
- Log in with your CRP profile.
- Click on Company Registration and select New Registration from the dropdown.
- Enter the Availability Code in the blank field and click the Start Registration button
- Fill in your company details in the appropriate field and click the Save and Continue
- Click on the Add Directors button to add the directors’ list. A minimum of two (2) Directors is needed to proceed.
- Enter the details of the Director and click on Save and Continue.
- To Edit or Delete Director’s details. Click on Edit or delete button respectively to effect changes. Then, click the Continue
- Add the company/business secretary. The secretary could either be Individual or Corporate. Tick the right one. Enter the secretary details and click the Save and Continue.
- Add Share Holder. A shareholder could also be either Individual or Corporate Shareholder. Tick the right option, and enter the details of the Shareholder. Save and Continue
- Enter the details for the Declaration of Compliance and Click on Save & Continue. Though, this is optional. You can simply skip it.
- Click on the Add Object button and then, enter the Objects and Save. Then, click Continue. NOTE: You must add at least one Object.
- Click on Add Article to Add Articles of Association details and Click Save
- Click on Continue to proceed.
- Select copies of documents you wish to obtain and click on Save and Continue
Preview Your Data Details
After you’ve completely entered your data information, the next thing is preview your data information to avoid any error. If you notice any error, use the Back button to go back to page and effect the change.
Once your data information is error free, click on Proceed to Payment to make your payment.
Make Payment for Business Registration
On the payment page, do the followings:
- Select your preferred payment option. Remita or NIBSS are the two available options. Now, fill your payment details and click the Submit button.
- After your payment has successfully been processed, click on the Submit button again.
- Then, take a view of your payment receipt and copy out your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
- Scroll down the page and click on the Return to Home.button.
- Click on View Company Registration to check if your is successful or not. Once you click on the View company Registration, CAC will send a notification indicating success or failure in transactions
- To download Payment Receipt, Click on Payment History and then, click on Download Receipt.
Stamp Duty Processing
This will take some few steps to complete. To process your Stamp Duty Payment, follow the steps below:
- Go to your CRP Profile, click on Company Registration and from the dropdown select My Registrations
- Now, click on the Stamp Documents button.
- Click on the Check Status button to request New Assessment if you’ve not paid for stamp duty before.
- Make payment for Stamp documents. Select one Lead Director and a Payment Gateway e.g select Remita or NIBSS.
- Click on the Proceed Button.
- After reviewing your payment summary. Select click here to Continue payment.
- Enter your payment details and click Submit
- Once your payment is processed, click Submit again.
- The next page will display your payment receipt. You can copy your RRR code in a text file.
- After you’ve successfully completed the payment process, click on the Check Status button. The Check status button will change to Documents.
- Finally, click on the Documents button to download your stamped Memorandum and Articles of Association Documents and Application for Registration.
Congratulations, your Business/Company registration online processing is considered complete.