Apply for the Women and Transport Africa Virtual Conference 2021. The Women and Transport Africa Conference seeks to reiterate the importance of creating a more inclusive public transport system in Africa. The purpose of the conference is to stimulate thinking and research on transportation issues central to women’s quality of life in Africa.
October 30, 2021
The conference provides a platform to share a wide range of critical research being done, as well as innovative solutions being implemented in the area of gender and urban mobility across Africa.
The objectives of these sessions are to:
- Provide a platform for researchers, practitioners and policy-makers to showcase their work and their findings in a supportive and interactive manner.
- Provide a synopsis of current research being undertaken and innovative solutions being implemented across Africa by Africans and international researchers and practitioners.
- Provide researchers and practitioners with feedback, in an interactive and supportive manner, on the potential impact and importance of their work for policy and practice.
- Highlight gaps in existing research knowledge to support advocacy, policy development and innovative solutions
- Engage researchers, practitioners, civil society actors and decision-makers in discussing the priority areas for evidence to assist in moving forward policy, advocacy and practical interventions in this area
- Collaboratively develop a research agenda to meet these needs which can be delivered over coming years by national and international research programs.
- Open to professionals working across all disciplines.
- Women and Transport Africa Conference invites submissions/ presentations/proposals falling into one of three tracks:
- Lived experiences (transport users and workers)
- Programs and policy interventions
You are invited to submit a short summary (500 words max) of what you would like to present. The Conference will come up from December 1-3, 2021. Submit your presentation by October 30, 2021.