The University of Edinburgh is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students into their Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship for students. It is a partially funded scholarship for all students. Scroll down to read in details.
The Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship awards attract high quality overseas research students to study at the University of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship Award
1. 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2021/2022.
2. Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
3. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
1. The awards are open to overseas nationals beginning a PhD in any field of study in 2020-2021.
2. Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research program me for study.
Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive, you should really have a first-class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
Other factors, such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study, are not considered.
1. The University of Edinburgh will not consider candidates who have already got a PhD, or formal equivalent, because of direct research training.
2. Students already on a PhD programme cannot be considered for these awards.
3. Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2021 and your PhD the following year in 2021, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2021.
4. Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships, such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
How to Apply for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship
The online scholarship application form is in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require help, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
For more details on this award, please contact Scholarships and Student Funding Services: