Deadline Date: October 10, 2019
Applications are open for the Global Network Initiative/Internews Fellowship Program 2019. The GNI-Internews Fellowship Program seeks to further online freedom of expression and privacy around the world by facilitating collaboration and conversation among diverse stakeholders.
Fellowships include funding to participate in four GNI board meetings and networking events, and engage in GNI activities, including but not limited to: participation in policy and learning calls on digital rights issues; development of policy analysis papers; and attendance at regional multi-stakeholder meetings.
Fellows will engage directly with a wide variety of information and communications technology (ICT) company representatives within GNI’s unique multi-stakeholder platform. By participating in this fellowship, organizations will gain insight into company decision-making, build relationships with company representatives and other GNI members, gain knowledge through members-only meetings and discussions, and have the opportunity to contribute their expertise to GNI’s unique global multi-stakeholder forum.
- Three to six one-year fellowship grants of $10,000 USD to $20,000 USD will be awarded to organizations based in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Applicants must be based in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Latin America and the Caribbean
- Demonstrated experience or interest and aptitude for working on freedom of expression and privacy issues in the ICT sector
- Able to attend three in-person meetings and one remote (call-in) event, as well as preparation calls.
- Willing to designate one member of the applying organization to be the main point of contact for this fellowship.
In addition to the aforementioned required qualifications, applicants with the following experience should strongly consider applying:
Prior engagement with one or more of GNI’s four policy priorities:
- Network Disruptions
- Intermediary Liability
- Jurisdictional Assertions and Limit
Applications should be submitted by an individual who would participate in the fellowship on behalf of that individual’s organization. The deadline for applications is 5PM EST on Thursday October 10, 2019.
For more information, visit GNI Fellowship.