If you are wondering how you will afford a college education, consider the HEAR program available for the four-year study program.
HEAR (Health Education and Relief Foundation) Foundation is inviting application form Chicagoland high school students who have demonstrated financial need.
Clarity of Information
Great offer fro Chicagoland high school students to get study fund for a college education.
The program is open to high school students who are going to attend a four-year course at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
The HEAR Foundation is a rapidly growing, an Illinois-based not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization. It offers colleges programmes as financial and mentoring support for Chicagoland High School graduates in pursuing their dream of a college education.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Provided By: HEAR Foundation
- Course Level: Degree – four-year course
- Award: $20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 30
- Nationality: US Citizen
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are available for across the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for high school student in all subject
- Admissible Criteria: In order to be considered, all applicants must possess all of the following as a pre-requisite:
- Students must be a U.S. citizen
- Candidates must have ACT scores of at or above 22 or SAT scores of at or above 1110
- Demonstrated financial need
- Excellent character, impeccable work ethic, and a demonstrated commitment to service
- Reside and attend high school in the Chicagoland area
- Only applicants who are going to attend a four-year course at an accredited institution of higher education will be considered
- Only students of the highest character will be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Participants are required to submit an online application. Before it, applicants should contact their college or guidance counsellor who can help them navigate the following steps. After it, visit the application portal and begin the process!
- Supporting Documents: HEAR asks students to 1) complete several sentences and write two essays that tell them more about who you are., 2) a letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher, or another trusted adult from your community, 3) upload SAT and ACT score report, 4) an official high school transcript, and 5) Upload a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA as a PDF file.
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must have an unweighted GPA of at or above 3.0
- Language Requirement: Applicants should have good knowledge of the English language.
- If you are selected as a HEAR Scholar, you will receive a $5,000 award in a year for four years of higher education
- The HEAR Scholarship Foundation awards $20,000 college tuition grants that paid in increments.
- In 2020, there are up to 30 awards available to deserving young men and women from the greater Chicagoland area.