The Korean Government is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students into their Korean Government Fully-Funded Scholarship for students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students. Scroll down to read in details.
About Korean Government Fully-Funded Scholarship
The scholarship is called Global Korea Scholarship (Government-invited scholarship system (undergraduate, graduate, research program)). The Scholarship aims to promote international education exchange and promoting friendship among countries by giving foreign students the opportunity to study at higher education institutions in Korea.
Total Candidates to be Selected
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course),
Benefits of Korean Government Scholarship
This is a Fully Funded Scholarship For International Students. Financial Coverage is as below!
1. Full Tuition Fees
2. Round Airfare Tickets
3. Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
4. Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
5. Medical insurance (KRW 20,000)
6. Language Courses
7. Research Support (KRW 210,000–240,000)
8. Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000–800,000)
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
1. Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
2. Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
3. Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
4. Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
5. Applicants who have previously enrolled in a university in Korea are not eligible to apply to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
6. However, a KGSP scholar who has graduated can apply for this program again only via the embassy and only if he/she holds a TOPIK score of at least Level 4 and gets another recommendation from the Korean Embassy of his/her respective country of origin (re-application is limited to one instance).
7. Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) Above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
Level of Education
Applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school can apply for a Bachelor’s degree program or an Associate degree program.
Applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from an associate degree program can only apply for a bachelor’s degree program.
Applicants who are expected to graduate by February 28th, 2022 must first submit a certificate of expected graduation. The official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted to GKS Center, NIIED by February 28th, 2022 at the latest.
If a scholar cannot submit their official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript by the deadline, his/her acceptance of the scholarship will be cancelled. Any scholarship (e.g., airfare, settlement allowance) that was provided to the scholar will need to be returned.
Application Procedure for Korean Government Scholarship
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Embassy track: Application of start date and deadline will be decided at each embassy’s discretion.
University track: Application start date and deadline will be decided at each university’s discretion. However, the application for the university track will be open until October 20th.
Applicants must check with Korean embassies and desired universities regarding the exact application deadline.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply