Nigeria Higher Education Foundation is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students into their Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship for students. It is a partially funded scholarship. Scroll down to read in details.
About Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship
The NHEF aspires to a future in which Nigerian higher education is among the greatest in the world, with Nigerian institutions producing global scholars and leaders of the twenty-first century who can have a lasting effect in Nigeria and across Africa.
As a result, we want to engage with Nigerian universities and provide local and worldwide resources to help young Nigerian academics develop, sustain, and enhance their skills and leadership.
1. Grand prize winner of the 2021 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
2. The first runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
3. The second runner-up will be awarded N50, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
1. All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to take part in the essay contest.
2. NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and The University of Port Harcourt.
3. Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify the enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
How to Apply
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
Respond to one essay prompt;
1. Only one essay may be submitted per student;
2. No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
3. The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
4. The essay must show the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
5. The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
6. Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
7. The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
8. References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
9. Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
All entries must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (WAT)
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism, as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity.