National Service Youth Corps, NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ corps members online registration details. Requirements for registration/mobilization of graduates .
Latest Update: The closing date for the 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration has been extended to 15th November, 2016.
This is to inform all prospective corps members, i.e. Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics both at home and abroad that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from 17th October – 15th November 2016 to enable them register for the 2016 Batch ‘B’ mobilization.
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
- The Website address is any of the following:
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have valid and functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct JAMB and Matriculation numbers to register
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
- Foreign-trained graduates from Ghana and Benin Republic must obtain letters of verification and upload same for mobilisation to be effective.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary). Letter of attestation will not be accepted, Please.
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study. (Please note that you must present the originals of the above during verification at the Orientation camp).
- Letters of verification for graduates of Institutions in Ghana, Benin Republic and any other Institution whose accreditation is in doubt.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine, Pharmacy and Medical Laboratory Science are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) and Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria respectively and upload during registration. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should not visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents uploaded during registration for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped. Also, anybody not available in camp for the verification will equally be demobilized.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture is centralized and fills the frame
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the finger used for their biometric capturing as this will be used for data verification at the orientation camp. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.’
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this categoriy are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.