Apply for the Save Our Seas Foundation Ocean Storytelling Photography Grant 2021. These grants build on the legacy of the Foundation’s previous Marine Conservation Photography Grants, and are dedicated to finding and supporting a new and diverse generation of conservation storytellers.
November 30, 2021
While they are specifically looking for photographers who can tell conservation stories about the oceans, the call is not limited underwater photography. Applicants should think broadly — story topics can range from the animals themselves, to fisheries to the communities whose lives are intertwined with marine life. Four successful grantees will receive a fully-funded assignment to shoot a conservation photo story on location (including day rate and travel), under direct mentorship from the Ocean Storytelling Grant team.
- Award includes cash prize of $2,000 USD, day rate for 3–4-week shoot, year of mentorship, all logistical costs for shoot covered.
- Open to early career and emerging storytellers;
- Applicants must have no more than 5 years of professional experience in any photography related discipline.
- They hope to encourage applicants from all backgrounds the world over, in the search for exciting new voices and distinct perspectives in the field of conservation storytelling.
- In an effort to actively remedy imbalances pervasive throughout the industry, they especially encourage women and applicants from South and Central America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and from underrepresented communities to apply for this opportunity.
- The application form consists of a few questions and requires the submission of a portfolio (20 images) and photo story (10 images).
- Only one application will be accepted from any one applicant.
- If an applicant has any other current SOSF grant, they cannot apply for a new grant.
For more information, visit Save Our Seas Foundation.