The Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) has ended their 3-week long nationwide strike on Thursday.
THE Joint Action Committee, JAC, of non-teaching staff unions of universities has announced the suspension of its three weeks old strike with effect from midnight of February 26.
JAC of the non-teaching staff of universities comprises of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and Non-Academic Staff Union of the Universities (NASU).
On February 5, the unions went on strike over the failure of the Federal Government to resolve issues in the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System.
They are also protesting the sharing formula of the N40 billion earned academic allowances and non-payment of arrears of the new minimum wage, among others.
- Let's Do Graphic Design And Logo Design for Your Business
- We Create Bitcoin, Banking, Courier, Visa Website
- Get help In 2021/2022 JAMB, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, JUPEB, WAEC GCE, NECO GCE and POST UTME Screening Examination
- Make Money From Blogging & Become a Pro website designer and devoper in 3 weeks
- Start a Business, Build factories, Agriculture, industries with our free feasibility business plan
- Download Post-UTME CBT 2021/2022 Past Questions and Answers
- Free Nigerian Email Database Download For 2021 and 2022
But, on Thursday, the joint leadership of both unions suspended the strike after a meeting with branch chairmen.
At the meeting, it is gathered that NASU and SSANU reached a consensus and signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with the federal government with identified timelines at which their demands are to be acted upon.
HOT UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on WhatsApp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on WhatsApp.
Click here to share this website to your WhatsApp friends and groups to win free recharge card now